BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Poetry...

... it's like food to the mouth, air to the lungs, and sun to the living. I breathe it in, and so can you. Soak in these mellifluous syllables, and feel them as their fantastical utterances roll off the tongue...or eye.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Call of the River & My Compass

The Call of the River

Here stands a bridge
Long, not tall.
Here stands a bridge,
I wonder why at all?
Here stands a bridge,
To stop me from a fall.
And yet here, with this bridge,
I cannot answer the River's Call.



My Compass

I walk under Shadow,
Above me a Grove of Green.
I walk over Sunlight,
Casting Patterns upon the Spotted Scene.
I walk towards Color;
Places I have never been.
I walk away from Glories,
That have yet to lose their sheen.


-Madelaine Irene

0 comments: